In addition to adhering to federal and state privacy laws, we also adhere to the Mobile Marketing Association's Global Code of Conduct, guidelines established by the Internet Marketing Association and other industry guidelines in order to protect you and your identity.
The following are the basic principles that guide our actions with respect to privacy:
- We will never sell or give your personal information to any third party;
- We will not knowingly collect Personal Information from visitors under the age of 13, and if applicable local law conflicts with this policy, we will adhere to local law;
- We collect certain information either directly, or through logs and other technologies. This information is used to provide the services to you and to provide interest-based advertising using aggregate (non-personal) information; and
- If you choose to access third party advertising via our Services, the advertisers may use technology to collect certain non-personal information and the use of such information is outside of our control.
"Personal Information" means information that specifically identifies an individual, such as name, address, telephone number or e-mail address.
"Non-personal Information" means information about the characteristics and activities of an individual from which any personal information has been removed, such as IP address, type of browser or mobile device used, mobile device identifier(s), aggregate interests of individuals (e.g. visits sports sites), etc. Nothing in this policy limits our use of non-personal information.
2. INFORMATION THE COMPANY COLLECTS FROM YOU
Direct Information Collection
When you register for Services, we collect a variety of personal information, including your name, e-mail address, date of birth, zip-postal code, country and gender. When you use the Services, we will not collect any personal information about you unless you provide it to us voluntarily.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to store any messages that pass through our Services as well as other message information.
We may also receive information about you from other sources. We do not share this information with anyone except authorized third parties in aggregate (non-personal) form in connection with providing the Services.
Automatic Information Collection
Using various technologies, such as cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, our systems may automatically gather information about the areas you visit through the Services and collect operational information about the technology you use, such as your browser, type of computer or mobile device, geographic location, operating systems, system and application software, peripherals, Internet service providers and the domain name of the website from which you linked to the Services.
In addition, we may store some information on your computer when using HeyWire for the web. This information will be in the form of a cookie or similar file and will help us tailor the Services or advertisements to better match your interests and preferences. Most Internet browsers enable you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
Notwithstanding anything else in this policy, we or a data provider we have engaged may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, that we may share with a data provider solely in hashed, non-human readable form. To opt-out of these cookies, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
The Company does not collect personally identifiable information automatically. We treat information gathered via cookies and other technologies as non-personal information, unless such information is treated as personal under local law. If we combine such information with personal information, then the combined information is treated as personal and we will not reveal your personal information.
Some of our advertisers may display ads on the Services that directly solicit information, or contain technology to collect non-personal information about our users. This information is collected and used by our advertisers, and is outside of our control. If you have any questions about a banner advertisement, you should contact the responsible advertiser directly.
3. HOW THE COMPANY MAY USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We use non-personal information collected (both directly and automatically) to:
- help us develop, improve, deliver and operate the Services;
- customize the Services and advertising to your preferences;
- keep you posted on product and services announcements, important notices regarding terms, policies, and conditions;
- detect and block security breaches and to provide you with a safe online environment;
- support internal functions such as auditing, data analysis, research, and quality management; and
- to develop and deliver new products and services and to improve our Services and advertising.
We may also use the non-personal information we gather to tailor the services and advertisements to your personal interests and/or demographics (e.g., behavioral, interest-based or geographic targeted advertising). In addition, the Company may provide non-personal information in the form of aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, online traffic patterns, and related information to reputable third parties for similar purposes.
We may disclose personal information you provide via the Services to third parties only as follows:
- to respond to law enforcement requests or where required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations; and in situations involving harassment ("cyber bullying") or threats to the physical safety of any person.
Information collected and used by our advertisers is outside of our control. If you have any questions about a banner advertisement, you should contact the responsible advertiser directly. Of course, if you do not access an advertisement (tapping on an ad), no information is accessed or disclosed by such advertisement.
4. INFORMATION YOU SEND
When you send a message or other content through the Services, information about you, such as your phone number, may be visible to other users. Any information you disclose to a third party through messaging is not covered by this policy.
5. ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THE COMPANY
We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- You may view and modify the personal information you have provided to us by logging in to the Services and clicking on "Settings" on your device.
- You may also send us an e-mail message at firstname.lastname@example.org, to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Should you elect to have your information deleted, we will also delete your user account. However, copies of your information may remain in back up storage for some time after your deletion. We may also retain certain information to protect against identity theft or misconduct.
We operate in accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. We will not knowingly collect Personal Information from visitors under the age of 13. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and mobile applications and services and the information they disclose online. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete such information. A parent or guardian may contact us directly (see contact information in Section 8 below) if they would like information deleted from our records or for further information about our policy.
The Services are hosted on servers in the United States and are subject to U.S. Law.
8. HOW YOU CAN CONTACT THE COMPANY
1 Canal Park, Suite 1130
Cambridge, MA 02141